Sai Ram Dear National Presidents Zone 1,
Congratulations on your new appointment! It is only Swami that has placed you in this position. It is an opportunity gifted by Him for you to earn grace and rise in your spiritual development. Let us keep each other in our prayers that we may work together for the benefit of His devotees with utmost sacrifice, love, humility, and unity.
I: I wanted to send the following clarifications to help address common questions we have been receiving that you can use to help guide the center officers in your country.
- A person who is an officer in the SSSIO, cannot become an officer or SSSSE teacher in an SSSGC center
- A person who says they are “neutral” can only be a SSSSE teacher if they are attending all center functions and are approved and monitored by the SSSE officer
- A person who is an officer of the SSSIO cannot be a guest speaker or perform at a GC event
- A person who is a member of an SSSIO center or is ‘neutral’ can only be a speaker or performer after approval on a case by case basis with instructions to speak only of experiences and not regarding any organizational matters
- As far as attending any center program (bhajans, study circle, seva, retreats, training, etc.): all are welcome (no questions asked) as long as they do not create disunity
II: Official Naming Conventions:
- “Sri Sathya Sai Spiritual Education”
- Can use ‘SSE’ for shorthand common usage
- “Sri Sathya Sai Global Council of (city or community), (state optional), (country)”
- Can use “Sai Center of (city or community)” for shorthand common usage
III: Zonal committee
We are creating committees at the Zonal level to draw from all the countries in our zone. These are not administrative decision making bodies, but rather ‘think tanks’, content developers, and resources to serve the needs of our zone.
IV: Also, please avoid using the SSSIO logo; we are developing a new logo for use and will let you know once it is available. This new logo can be used in addition to the original sarva dharma logo shown below.
If further questions or issues arise please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr. Axay Shanti Kalathia
Sri Sathya Sai Global Council (SSSGC), Zone 1 Chair